Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Problems With The Plan

I see a few foreseeable problems with my action research plan on Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships.

For me time is always a factor. With all of the extra duties that are placed on teachers it is hard to keep up with.

I think one way that I can combat this problem is to get my teachers on board. Currently they are very excited about this project. If I am able to keep the motivation and momentum going then I can empower them to take ownership with the project and take some of the load off of me.

Another area is having data to support my plan.

Initially I thought this would be a problem, but after reading the text I don’t think it will. I now realize that dat can come from a variety of sources not just test scores. I do think it will problematic to differentiate the test scores that I do use and to determine if the improvement is a result of more rigorous teaching. I also feel that the comparison scores that I will use may be tricky as well. I feel that sometimes scores are different because the tests are administered differently. I am going to select schools with like demographics and have a contact person at each campus. I will ensure that the testing environment is as close to ours as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment